LIMBOTOFD is our unique low profile integral TOFD probe, patent pending GB 1709625.6.
Unique features and benefits of the LIMBOTOFD are:
- Low Profile - Only 10mm high allowing easy access to previously inaccessible areas which are currently untestable using conventional TOFD transducers
- Reduces Inspection Cost - No need to implement other possibly disruptive inspection methods such as radiography
- High Signal to Noise - Single cycle responsiveness using 10/15 MHz
- Integral Wedge - Unique patent pending design providing convenient use without the need to change wedges and providing the assurance of the transducer/wedge couplant film.
- Increases Productivity - With conventional TOFD, losing a transducer may result in the loss of the use of its dependent wedges and forcing the inspection to stop. LIMBOTOFD eliminates this risk.
Currently available are 3mmø or 6 mmø and a frequency of 10 or 15 MHz composite crystals. Connector types are: Lemo 00 / Lemo 01 / BNC.
Standard part numbers are:
LTOFD45-10(C3) LTOFD60-10(C3) LTOFD70-10(C3)
LTOFD45-10(C6) LTOFD60-10(C6) LTOFD70-10(C6)
LTOFD45-15(C3) LTOFD60-15(C3) LTOFD70-15(C3)
LTOFD45-15(C6) LTOFD60-15(C6) LTOFD70-15(C6)
Applications for the LIMBOTOFD:
- 100% TOFD inspection on flanges
- Boiler tube TOFD inspection
- Restricted areas that have clearance issues of 10mm and above
- ALL makes of scanner adaptors available upon request including Jireh's Circ-it and Olympus' COBRA
- Evaluations of weld root erosion and corrosion
- Available in LARGER sizes
Click here to watch videos showing LIMBOTOFD being used with various flaw detectors, specifically the M2M Gekko, Olympus Omniscan SX, Sonatest Prisma and Zetec TOPAZ16.
Click here for a PDF document about LIMBOTOFD.