LIMBOTOFD™ is our unique low profile integral TOFD probe, patent pending GB 1709625.6.
Unique features and benefits of the LIMBOTOFD™ are:
- Low Profile - Only 10mm high allowing easy access to previously inaccessible areas which are currently untestable using conventional TOFD transducers
- Reduces Inspection Cost - No need to implement other possibly disruptive inspection methods such as radiography
- High Signal to Noise - Single cycle responsiveness using 10/15 MHz
- Integral Wedge - Unique patent pending design providing convenient use without the need to change wedges and providing the assurance of the transducer/wedge couplant film.
- Increases Productivity - With conventional TOFD, losing a transducer may result in the loss of the use of its dependent wedges and forcing the inspection to stop. LIMBOTOFD™ eliminates this risk.
Currently available are 3mmø or 6 mmø and a frequency of 10 or 15 MHz composite crystals. Connector types are: Lemo 00 / Lemo 01 / BNC.
Standard part numbers are:
LTOFD45-10(C3) LTOFD60-10(C3) LTOFD70-10(C3)
LTOFD45-10(C6) LTOFD60-10(C6) LTOFD70-10(C6)
LTOFD45-15(C3) LTOFD60-15(C3) LTOFD70-15(C3)
LTOFD45-15(C6) LTOFD60-15(C6) LTOFD70-15(C6)
Applications for the LIMBOTOFD™:
- 100% TOFD inspection on flanges
- Boiler tube TOFD inspection
- Restricted areas that have clearance issues of 10mm and above
- ALL makes of scanner adaptors available upon request including Jireh's Circ-it and Olympus' COBRA™
- Evaluations of weld root erosion and corrosion
- Available in LARGER sizes
Click here to watch videos showing LIMBOTOFD™ being used with various flaw detectors, specifically the M2M Gekko, Olympus Omniscan SX, Sonatest Prisma and Zetec TOPAZ16.
Click here for a PDF document about LIMBOTOFD™.